TEQtogether draws upon existing research and good practice to provide clear and straightforward guidance on areas in which we believe it is important for men to act differently if women are to participate fully and freely within the technology sector. Some are written at quite a broad scale, whereas others are focused on much more specific issues. Although primarily intended for men, they are equally relevant to others.
All such guidance notes have a brief introduction, provide references to relevant material on the topic, and then the guidance notes themselves, usually in the format of key things both to do, and also not to do. The guidance notes are also available in various formats to download and share.
These guidance notes are all freely available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License ; we would be grateful if you could indicate their source (http://teqtogether.org/) whenever you use them.
We very much hope that these are a useful addition to the material currently available in the field.
Guidance note topics
- What to do if you are convening an ICT conference or event
- Writing performance appraisals in the technology sector
- Empowering girls in STEM: ten things that fathers should do
- Designing gender-sensitive ICT research
- On an interview panel for an ICT position
- Participating in a technical ICT discussion or meeting
- Assigning roles in an ICT team
All of our guidance notes are prepared by one member of TEQtogether in consultation with other members of the core team.
Please suggest further topics, or consider joining our initiative and helping us craft these notes. Do get in touch through our Contact Form.